It’s been a whole month since I’ve blogged or taken pictures…sad to say.
My head is swarming with all the many milestones you have reached lately. Your little personality is blooming. You change every single day.
Last week the strangest thing happened at church: when other people were holding you and you could still see Mama and Dada, you would start crying. I mean this pitiful lip rolled out, tears rolling down cheeks cry. It was not like you, so I feared you were going to start having separation anxiety from us. BUT this week at worship you were back to your old self being passed around, showing that cheeky grin and those dimples!
On March 1st, you started repeating Dada when we would say it. After all these months of “schooling” you to say Mama, Dada ends up being your first word! It’s okay…I’m just a teeny bit jealous. You also said, “HEY” to the bible class teacher when he was looking at you. Last night you started saying something that sounds like “lijah” for “Elijah,” I suppose. It’s so sweet.
- you started becoming more vocal right around your 7 month birthday. We had been riding in the car and you were so quiet, then we get home and you see Dada and you start talking up a storm!
- at your last doctor’s visit you were one ounce shy of 17lbs! That was about 2 weeks ago. You are getting really heavy when I try to pick you up. You are in the 75% for height. Oh and you are oh so squishy and lovely. Lots of rolls. I love to squeeze your chubby legs!
- you still have no desire to sit up, you just want to crawl and explore.
- when I sit you on the church pew, you turn yourself around to the back and then pull yourself up to standing! What!?! You are going to be doing that all over the house soon, I’m sure!
- no teeth yet, just lots of slobber and chewing on fists.
- your favorite foods are: banana, mashed potatoes, green beans, lemons, mandarin oranges
- your favorite toys are: paper (sooo not a toy), books, and shoes (ewww)
- you and brother play together so well. He is very nice about sharing his toys and room with you. You love him so much.
- you are still pulling hair and getting a stronger grip!
- you actually pitch fits when you don’t get your way. I’m trying to teach you the words, “no” and “gentle hands.” You really get mad if we don’t let you chew on our napkins and bills. 😛
- you have been giving me open mouthed kisses on my cheek. ❤
- it’s impossible to change your diaper. You roll and squirm so much. It takes me 5 times as long as it used to. And you like to reach down there and grab it…which sometimes makes for a big mess!
- I’ve been wearing you a lot and sometimes it is the only way I can calm you down. You fell asleep once while I was wearing you on my back, and multiple times on my front. You become so quiet and still when you are all wrapped up. It’s probably my favorite thing in the world to have you sleeping on my chest. I can feel all the stress and worries melt away.
Daddy and I love you and your brother so much. We were so incredibly sad before you two came into our lives. It felt like Mama and Dada had a big hole in our hearts, and then you and Elijah came along and healed it. We’ve never been happier than we are right now. I often say our lives are perfect. It’s not to brag and it definitely doesn’t mean we don’t have stresses or problems, but when I look at what is important, when I look at you two, I can 100% say: life is perfect. Ya’ll are beauty and light. Peace and humility. Eager and gracious. Innocent and pure. Perfect and sinless. You are everything that is good in the world. I want to be more like ya’ll. I want to have the zeal, passion, and love that you two gift me with every. day. You made me a Mama. You fulfilled all my dreams. I love you.
Oh and one more thing….please stop growing so fast!
P.S. Today, March 3rd is a big day. TPR is hopefully happening right now. We pray very soon you will be “legally” ours.