I was craving a ‘fresh’ crisp salad last night and two of my favorite people were coming for supper. What better reason does a girl need to make a new salad?
I hate taking pictures of each step. Maybe one day I’ll get over it so you can see everything I do step by step (anyone remember that from TGIF?) Okay, here is the finished product, but I will still tell you what’s in it and what I did.
Isn’t it pretty? It was so yummy! Here is what I did:
- first marinate your chicken strips (I just soaked them for a couple hours in Dales)
- make your sugar coated pecans. preheat oven to 300. you need 1/2 lbs of shelled pecans. mix one egg white with 1 1/2 TBS of water. next get a ziplock bag and add 1/2 cup sugar, shake or two of salt, and a TBS of cinnamon. coat pecans in egg mixture, use slotted spoon to transfer into ziplock. shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake your pecans, shake your pecans. then lay them out on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil. bake for 40 or so minutes, make sure to stir them around every 15 minutes.
- start grilling your chicken.
- finely slice your apple (i used 1 honeycrisp apple, it was so good)
- chop up about a 1/2 cup of green grapes. just cut them in half.
- mix your baby spinach, with your grapes and apples.
- sprinkle some mozzarella (or omit the cheese)
- top it off with your pecans and chicken.
- you can toss the greens before hand with balsamic vinaigrette or just drizzle afterwards. (i love Ken’s balsamic vinaigrette)
There you have it! A yummy autumn/harvest/crunchy/very healthy salad!